Monday, May 10, 2021

Dear Ayeko,





Today’s your birthday and yet, every single day we receive daily gifts through your presence. The day I gave birth to you was one of the happiest days of my life, for you had opened so many doors for me to see, feel, learn and explore. For now, all I have are words that will preserve this certain memory to remind you about this certain phase of yourself. A part of your sweet innocence and natural humor, your tender appreciation for a small matter, the way you see the world through your virtue. I want you to soon look back into this day when you’re able to understand how the real world works. I want my words to remind you about love and life and about how much you mean to us.

Somehow, every time I look at you, I can’t help but see myself in you. The resemblances hold so much about our similarities, indeed you’re the small version of me. Your laughter has always been contagious that it ended up making everyone fall into your softness. The way you make people laugh so hard as well because of your natural humor and the way you insist on yourself when you needed or wanted something is all gathered to remind me that you hold so much of me in you. The way you planted positivity in all corners of our home gave us new tomorrows to get excitedly tackle with. I remember myself in your eyes, the way you smile, and the way you find ways to meet your wants. Somehow, they all brought me closer to the satisfaction of being a mother, that I found my soul purpose in this world. I remember how I gave birth to you that exact mother’s day, my first mother's day, how at that exact moment, I knew I wanted to be the best one.

You are indeed the best prologue that we had always been thankful for writing, the way we realized how the combination of me and your father’s name suited you so well. You are our kind, our granted wish. You’re the answered prayer, the happy pill, the best part of the day. Always the blessing that we are grateful for having.

And I promise that as you grow up, God willing, me, Tatay and Wawa will stay by your side. We will never restrict you from pursuing your dreams. We will remind you that it’s okay to feel weak sometimes, that there are bad days you are allowed to cry. That you could be weak and unproductive on some nights. That it’s okay to be imperfect. We will not sugarcoat the reality of life for we know you both needed bad and good days to learn, that we believe in you and you could always make it. I want you to know that who you choose to be will be accepted, including your dreams, and your chosen passion.

But for now, I want you to enjoy your age, your petty needs, and how uncomplicated life is. I want you to enjoy every stage of your life. I want you to capture every process of your nurturing, how your radiance brought our family closer to each other and closer to God. Happiest birthday, my Hariell Dan Apollos 3MP. Let’s make the best of everything. We are always here for you, in every step of the way. You always have us to give you the best love that you deserve.

Love forever, Nanay, Tatay and Zeo 

No comments: