Saturday, May 29, 2021

To the most courageous woman I know,


First, I wanted to write this letter because I know words have their healing power. It could cure loneliness and your longing to be home. Somehow, I want to write this letter because I wanted you to have something to read when you feel like you missed us being around and if you wanted to just fill your hearts with a lighter dose of how we love you. But honestly, I know words will never be enough to express how much I appreciate you. It runs short when it comes to how grateful we are to have you as our mother. Indeed, I feel God’s love and caring because He gave us a mother who has always been generous and selfless. You gave me unconditional love that also taught me the right ways on how to become a mother myself. You inspired me in so many ways, how you never limit yourself when it’s us who are included in the equation.


Ever since I was a kid, your love for us comes immeasurable and in everything you do, you take us as your inspiration to surpass another tough day. You think about our welfare and future and made sure we are able to get what you think we deserve. You never wanted to go on a day thinking we’re not having enough. You always give too much without asking anything in return. You wanted us to have a convenient life, the kind of life that is both comfortable but also giving us enough space to grow and work things at our pace. A life that’s full of comfort but also taught us how to appreciate every crumb of blessing. You are strong enough for choosing to sacrifice staying here with us and watch us grow personally because you know we need financial support. You embraced the consequences of knowing you won’t be here on some of the best occasions of our lives yet you made sure that we are happy, full, and blessed enough. It’s because of your hard work and your sacrifice.


I know life there was never easy. And that after all, you dealt with different kinds of struggles you refused to share with us because you don’t want us to carry some of your burdens. But we know so well how much you wanted to stay your years here with us, be part of our everyday routine and see your grandchildren grow. Still, we make sure they remember you and know every detail of how wonderful you are as a mother to us. They might not fully grasp what we truly mean but they listen and from there, we are assured that we have carved a special place for you in our children’s hearts.

We love you so much. Please remember how much I love you to the point that it will also shove away your loneliness.  Love you, Ma.




No comments: