Friday, July 22, 2011

Why-do-I-suddenly-want-a-child


I've always been the kind of girl who thought she might never want or have kids. I enjoy that I can be selfish, I like to sleep, I live my life how I want. I have a maternal instinct with friends and family, and they know it but I always thought I was too much of a control freak to raise a kid.
.
I don't have a boyfriend, let alone a baby's daddy, but lately I have a really, really strong desire for a child. It seems to have come out of nowhere. I've never felt anything like this and I'm scared of these feelings/hormones/emotions. Could this just be a temporary hormonal thing? I thought the biological clock started ticking closer to late thirties- am I just fertile right now?
.
Any anecdotes, advice or understanding would be greatly appreciated as I don't understand what is happening to me.
.
One last note...The idea of being pregnant or giving birth is not appealing at all, but the mother idea is. I've had dreams about taking care of other people's kids and met a single dad recently who I found myself very attracted to. I thought that helping him raise his child would be really wonderful. This all feels foreign and scary, please help me understand!! Thanks!
.
posted by thankyouforyourconsideration to human relations (35 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite




4 comments:

teacher sheila said...

natatawa ako sa mga posts mo... hayy.. if you want to experience to become a mom, being pregnant is not a solution. Napakaraming bata diyan na inabandona ng magulang. dadagdagan mo pa populasyon ng mga bata. isama kaya kita minsan sa orphanage ng marealize mo sinasabi ko. sa susunod na may outreach kami, isasama talaga kita nang matauhan ka..

Ellay said...

di ko naman sinabi na ako magpepreggy eh. iniisip ko lang magampon. errrr.

teacher sheila said...

isasama kita sa ampunan at iiwan na kita don! bwahaha

Ellay said...

wag naman, 'Te. haha errrrr oink oink