Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hariell on Speech Improvement

Last night, I was not too busy at work, I googled on "25 month old baby still not talking"
I read that kids' development are different from others and that there might be some who are late talkers. Or there might be some speech-language disorder. You'll never know until you get some expert advice and have them undergo therapy.

To gauge if he's just fine, the kiddo has to be able to speak at least 25 words. I quickly identified Hariell's usually spoken words:

1) nanay
2) tatay
3) baby
4) wawa (his petname for his brother Zeo)
5) wow
6) kanin
7) la na
8) mam
9) tey (thank you)
10) bye
11) hi

...after 11, I couldn't think more of what he speaks that we usually hear. Other than this, all his talks are babbles and unclear words. I felt sad and worried.

This morning, in bed, I talked to my husband about this and told him that maybe we could have Hariell checked up by his pediatrician. He's fine with it.

Then I sweetly grabbed Hariell, and looked in his eye. I slowly said "Apple". I was shocked that he copied me and said "Apai" . I laughed in relief that he said apple! My husband also laughed proudly... Then I tried saying "bike" ...Hariell said "bike". I said "banana", he said "papana" .... I " said "car" , he repeated as "cai" ...i am so proud of him, cant stop kissing my little boy! ...Next, I said "dog", funny, he said "aw-aw"

LOL

Then I suddenly recalled that he already could say bike, chicken, egg. One time, he even said "langgam"

So maybe yah, I shouldn't be too frustrated of him not knowing yet his ABCs and 123. Afterall, he's just 2 years old and our 1st forever baby in the family. Maybe we'll just let him take his time growing and progressing. Coz i've been warned that when a toddler starts talking, you bet, you'd have a hard time making him stop!

taking one step at a time :)


No comments: