Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I was raised by my maternal grandmother and grew up without any having any father figure to look up to except for some caring and plenty of belt-hitting / physical discipline from my grandfather. But real I-will-look-after-you spirit of a father, nah, I did not have that.

When I was 11, my mother re-married and she gave us a step father to depend on. He has always been kind and supportive to us. I am very thankful to have him even til now. I remember first time I gave him a "kind of" expensive watch, he was showing off and big talking about "his daughter" who gave him the watch that he was wearing. I was very touched. It felt good knowing he regards me as "his daughter" although we are really not related to each other. But even so, I grew up not really close to him because they live away from us. I mean my mom, he and my youngest brother: they live in Japan.



Being taken care by my Nanay, when not at home, I was being taken care by somebody else, my Kuya. We grew up together and we grew up very close. Even before he got married, we were sharing the same room! He is looking after me, buying me something to eat, making me laugh and telling me funny stories, giving me money, surprising me with slippers, book, movie to watch and other stuff when he got back from work, I am comfortable telling him things that bother me and confuse me. He has always been the one who's walking after me, watching my back and protecting me. Although there are inevitable times that we fight over crappy things, other than that, he never want me hurting and crying. In the absence of a father, God gave me my brother to constantly keep an eye on me. Because you see, I am needy and very dependent.



Lastly but not the least, my respect and admiration to the Preacher that God has let me know and have in this lifetime, Bro. Eli Soriano. He is not just a leader to the brethrens but a man of a good example that man can be a righteous follower of His words.




I do not usually celebrate Father's Day but today, I want to join the world in taking off hat to these great fathers in my life. My Papa, my Kuya and my Brother Eli. God bless you and all the good fathers in the world!


*****
This is Miro's Happy Father's Day greetings to his Daddy, my Kuya :)




No comments: