Monday, June 27, 2011

Last Minute Dinner Date

I was supposed to meet friends tonight and use my dinner cocktail reservation at Pan Pacific Manila. But you know, people are so busy doing everything all at the same time, so to sum it up, I had to find other people to use my reservation instead of cancelling it on last minute. When I had my Nanay accept my invitation, my "very good" friend (I am being sarcastic at that point) called me up to only to tell me that she can now go dine with me. But sorry to say, I had to turn her down this time (haha). At around 5:30PM, we, Nanay, Tatay, Tito Ode and me, left and reached the hotel right on time at 6PM. Here are some pictures taken earlier:


***
At 6PM, we started getting food from the buffet table. Sun is still up that time. I took a picture of my spilling plate. I am very happy with the prawns, mussels and the chewy squid! I love seafood. Good timing :) ...and you can also see here 4 pieces of Fita biscuits (haha) with the strong-smelly bleu cheese (which actually tastes moldy and rotten). Some veggie sticks with white garlic sauce and salsa. The white sauce and salsa should have been nacho dips but I wrongly spread them over the vegetables. Just so you know, the taste did not go well. So do not try that at home, ayt? :D ... And some maki over there. The maki rolls score five star for me. Tito Ode and I went back to the table thrice to get more maki. And the small saucer just above the mussels, that's an appetizer, something like a hash brown topped with carrot and turnip coleslaw. -hef-ty-eat-er- :))


***
Nanay here :) I put a lot of olives on her plate and baby onions thinking that she might like it but she kept on spitting 'em out. So ended up eating the olives instead. ...See her right arm on cast and the sling? I put on a shawl over her dress to keep her warm and to cover her arm. Anyway, she is enjoying her carrot juice on this picture :)


***
That's Tito Ode on blue and Tatay is moving so he is blurry.


***
Sun set already on this picture. Can't see the city view on the full glass window though :( I only have my celfone to take some shots here. No digicam :( Anyway, this is me posing just as my Uncle says so.



***
Weirdo uncle / photo director said to stand behind the magazine table and smile ;p


***
Am makin' the first move *raise one eye brow and... grin*


***
chowing down the remaining "tahong" hehe walang patawad! (raw version)


***
chowing down the remaining "tahong" hehe walang patawad! (edited version)


***
This is the appetizers, cheese and vegetable sticks center table. Food is almost gone here :D



***
Hist turn to strike a pose.



***
Tatay, Ellay and Nanay - after meal :)


***
Nay, sleepy huh?


***
We're in the elevator. Nanay does not want to stay in the middle because she still believes in the superstition that if you take picture of three, the person in the middle is the first one who is going to die. So.... I stayed in the middle. Haha


***
See!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nanay is still right there! haha


***
Sweet :)


***
Just outside the lobby, I still keep on taking pictures. Nanay is moving away because she is supposed to be in the middle. Now, you see me harassing and hurting my grandfather (haha) just for Nanay to stay anywhere but in the middle.



***
Look at my charming Tatay :) Now you know why I am like this!


***
This is my Facebook's primary picture. Caption says:
I ambush invited my grandparents to have a simple dinner cocktails at our hotel. I am so happy that they did not turn down my invitation :) I even had my uncle come, too! :) This is taken before we leave the place: my beautiful Nanay, my funny Tatay and me. Priceless :) June 27, 2011 - Pan Pacific Manila


***
:)







2 comments:

teacher sheila said...

Nena, im sorry if we were not able to go with you for a dinner. But I think I know the reason why our plan didn't push through. The reservation you made was not really meant for us. It was meant for your family, for you to spend your most precious time with them, especially with your nanay. :)

Ellay said...

Oo nga eh :)

Basta next time GW, tayo naman uli! haha