Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday = Sickday

It's 8:13am and the doctor will be in at 9:00am. 47 minutes to wait.

I was supposed to work at 7am today. Well, I was able to be at the hotel at 6:15. I went starightly to the clinic to have my right eye checked. It was since yesterday that my eye was red and itchy. The nurse said I might have a sore eye but not too sure because there is blood clotting on my eye and it might be something else. So he told me that he is going to send me home, do not go to work and see a doctor.

I left the hotel and took a cab to the emergency room of Manila Doctors Hospital. I felt bad knowing that the opthalmologist will start his clinic hours at 3pm. I had to go home to look for other doctors who are working this early. So I went back home and called up several clinics and hospitals. I even called up The Asian Eye Institute in Rockwell, Makati. As early as 7, clinic is already opened but when I learned that the consulation fee is almost P1500, I was quite surprised and thought that if I will go there to have my eye checked, I will be dead afterwards. P1500. I say it is too much! Anyway, to cut this short, I finally resorted to Makati Medical Center. Earliest eye doctor is at 9.

I am here now. The hospital lobby is something! I mean it is like an airport terminal. The lightings, the structure, the design - they are sleek. Classy. The hospital is quite intimidating for a normal, regular person (like me) who got used to a crowded hospital with white paint and boring information desk. Makati Med even has food stalls every floor! I could even bring a date here and eat at Pan Cake House or Burger King! It also has Seattle's Best Coffee! Dairy Queen, too! ATMs and WAIT! David Salon! Instead of strolling in malls, I could come here and pretend to visit a patient but for real, I am just having a date. How's that, huh?

Seriously, considering being located in Makati District, facilities are top of the line and doctors are high-end, you should expect that the hospital rate is kind of pricey and patients are kind of demanding and kind of speaking English. Not so me of choosing to be in a place like this but for the sake of my eye checked immediately, safely and pratically, I am here.

I am a bit sleepy now, still waiting for the doctor but I am already on que - 2nd on the line :) I will just wait for a few more minutes and my life is gonna be sweet for the next days! My medical certificate is going to say that I may take a rest for.... 5 days? LALALALALA I smell vacation! Mwahahaha :)

***************************************************
Ellay @ Makati Medical Center while waiting for the Doctor
8:15AM
current eye status: red, itchy, sore and sleepy

No comments: