Monday, June 13, 2011

Old Photographs

Yesterday, I went out for a while and when I came back home, I found my family flipping through the old, ignored, dusty photo albums - together. They were laughing at the pictures while recalling when and where the crimes, I mean, the events happened.

My Xs' and younglove-sweet love's pictures were also there which is kind of weird because I just laughed it out when I saw our photographs. We were young and babyish and budding little bunch of kiddos in love. And I am talking about 90's pictures! My Elementary school days, highschool and college moments. My Kuya's "pasts" as well haha And my mom & stepdad's loving photos.. Nanay and Tatay were younger on the pictures that we were laughing/looking at. Then, we suddenly missed our deceased Aunt who was very blooming on the photos we were browsing but then we laughed again after seeing the next pages of the old albums - baby pictures of my goofy cousins!

It's fun to recall the old times, once in a while. It's even more fun seeing the new generation listen while we tell them that this was you, you were this fat when you were a baby, you used to smile like this before, and hear them sounding amazed looking at themselves. Even more fun when all you can muse over are funny, happy and good memories from the past.

After seeing the pictures, I couldn't help the urge to (FB) message Paul and tell him what my family were doing. I was explaining to him some of the pictures that were taken when we were on our 6th grade blah blah. And he still remembers. I find it cute. So cute, I posted pics on my FB wall haha. And now, I keep on clicking his profile on Facebook. Now, what?! Look what happened! Hahaha.

******************
Paul used to be the apple of my (young and innocent) eye. Those times, oldies say it's not yet love... just puppy love, whatever it is, that's him. My charming puppy love hahabarkbark (however, he's into some one else that time so... ouch there you go!)


HERE ARE SOME OF THE PICTURES I AM TALKING ABOUT:


This was taken on March 1994. I invited over some of my Grade 6 classmates. My mom prepared good food for my 12th birthday and elementary graduation celebration. That is Paul beside me. Standing behind is Norizel (forgot the last name), the one carrying my baby brother is Angelo, the one with the black face on the right's my cousin's baby sitter and Albert the boy leaning on the door.



Same day... this was taken at the front yard of our house. We used to have this big space in front of our house. The baby on my lap is Shouta (my half japanese brother). He was just 2 or 3 years old at that time.




Again, Paul and me. haha I am still thinking if I look cute or funny.



At Villamor Airbase during our field trip - est. 1994


This is one of the first pictures I took with my Christian brethrens. 2001




This is me with Dingdong Dantes when he shoot SOP's dance segment at PATTS College of Aeronautics. I think this was on 2000 or something.



My college best friends. Aileen and Betchay. We were young and restless.
Full of partying that time haha



When I was in College, I joined the school publication. This was the whole staff in our bonding get away. I forgot where. Somewhere in Laguna, Im not sure. This was year 2000. I loved them. I found real brothers and sisters in them.





So, this is one of the funny pictures of me carrying Shouta on his 1st birthday. I looked like an abnormal, malnourish, mouse-ear skeleton. Plus, my brother is drooling. Perfect! -1992





One of those rare moments in our family: my mom, Shouta and Eugene (my Fil-Am cousin) in Manila. This was taken at Baywalk when it was still lively with all the bands and bars. I forgot when?.. maybe 2005 or 2006? -ish?





2005/2006: My Japanese Language Class. When I said MY, I meant I taught Japanese Language. And they were my students :) Yes, college. Teaching. No kidding... School? ask me!


More students!!!! haha





Cousins, Nanay, Tita Jane and Kuya



My Elementary Graduation Day. I dunno what else to say. Hahaha





Kuya at Pulse Disco! Whoa! How's that?! Ever heard of that? haha



This is me with all the blonde hair and cutie little flat smile there.
Kuya, as ever, my big bro, taking care of me and driving me around CCP. I cannot recall this moment so I think this was on 1986 or earlier. Kind of.



Ellay, Dan (our first cousin), and Kuya MM


Yah-ams! That's me and again, Kuya.




My Kuya. His son looks like this, too! haha





Mommy, pregnant with Shouta :) -1991





This was taken in Japan when we had a short stay there. -1995





My first communion. 1990-1991? I forgot



Shouta. Who would have thought he'd joined the army after 19 years when this shot was made?
He's more likely to join a dance troupe based on this photo haha. peace, bro!





My Mom: on her wedding day :)


Believe it or not, this is my eldest brother. i dunno what happened.





My stepfather's parents. Japan Vacation. 2000/2001?





Shouta and Papa. They are doing some confidential stuff there so don't ask more.





My cousin, Ryan, kuya, me and my childhood bestfriend, Siobe :) I look stupid here. -1993





Kuya's elementary graudation day. You are so gwapo! haha -1993




Nanay and kuya :)





Oh yah, this is me and mommy pinning on my 2nd honor ribbon haha. The guy on the left, that's Joey. He got the first honor. (whatever! hahajk)-1994 -Grade 6





My grade 6 classmates





No comments: