Thursday, November 30, 2017

Today is My 16th

It's not so easy to be different from the people who seem to be all the same. I do not usually explain why I am odd and peculiar but I guess, people will always wonder why, from their sight, I am an unfamiliar being: my looks, my views, and, generally, my belief and my faith.

I have always been like this since sixteen years ago - I chanced on knowing God's Words. And it sounds weird to this modern world, when people ask me why I am like this, I answer, "Kasi dito ako naliwanagan."

I tried walking away when my mind was giving up but God is so kind that He blessed  me with so many second chances.

I always say that I am unworthy. Even now. Or should I say, especially now. I am unworthy of His goodness. But I am grateful that, I feel, He still wants me here.

Today is my 16th year in the Church. I might not be as fervent as I was when I first knew Him but even if myself is divided to many obligations now, I feel that my faith in God will not be shaken; as if it is rooted in the deepest part of me and can never be taken away by anyone else. I know it is because of His endless mercy and love and faith, as well.

I do not want to excuse or justify myself why I am like this. I suppose it will always sound unusual to them but I pray that they, too, will understand one day why I am choosing this life; The life with God. The life with God's protection and mercy and love.

Life with Him is hopeful. With Him, I am protected and not lost. Endless security I cannot enumerate all. I am just so thankful for today and for the first day He took me in.

Glory to God and to Christ Jesus for everything that I am and I have. Thankful for everything I am not and do not have. Happy 16th to me. TGBTG!






No comments: